We are a little ray of sunshine
The Sunshine Foundation for Children with Special Needs is a London based charity, established in 2004 to support the St Andrew’s School for Special Education (SASSE) in Grenville, Grenada. The school currently educates 50 pupils between the ages of 5-21 years with a range of Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND) , including Autism, Down’s Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy and sensory impairments.
Support is provided to the school through:
- providing a range of educational materials
- providing personal and assistive care equipment
- funding the cookery programme that enables the pupils to learn valuable independence skills
- sponsoring individual pupils through payment of the school and lunch fees
- providing the annual Sunshine in a Box Christmas gift for all pupils (and staff)